Mar 17, 2009

Golden leprechaun cookies

Part of the rainbow collage dealio was that we needed some leprechaun gold to go at the end of it. In kidland cookie dough is more highly prized per unit volume than traditional gold and luckily safeways had some crazy buy two get three free deal on sugar cookie dough.

I put some yellow food colouring in a batch and the kids rolled little balls, then squished them into flat coins and stamped them with either the lower case or upper case first letter of their name.

When they were all baked and cooled, we put them in a pot at the end of the rainbow and the kids got to scarf a few down while they went through them picking out their initialed coins to go in a brown bag to take home.
I might have levied a tax. Burp.

5 comments:

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

I love the rainbow and the clouds etc, the cookies are neat!

Perhaps I'll celebrate st paddys day next year after all, lol.

Lindsey said...

St paddys seems to be a huge deal here in the US, in school and preschools too. I feel a little guilty that we did nothing for St David's day on March 1st, when the whole family is Welsh though!

MaryAnne said...

Great idea, the kids must have had a blast!

LiEr said...

Darn it, I've missed so many posts. Love the rainbow, the cookie coins, the robot suits, everything. I'm going to borrow the cookie coin idea soon. Don't know for what yet, but it's too good an idea to just let slip by. Thanks for the inspiration! By the way, a friend in Singapore who reads my blog is going to make a cardboard pizza soon. Look how far around the world your idea has gone! :)

The Lazy Girl Fitness said...

You have an award waiting for you on my blog :)